“Sun Salutation can energize and warm you, even on the darkest, coldest winter day.”- Carol Krucoff
In Indian mythology, Sun is treated as a god as Surya Dev, people worship Sun as he provides light and energy to the earth. Sun Salutation is one of the ways to greet and pay respect to the Sun. The tradition and legacy are still followed by many people because of the many benefits of Sun Salutation.
We will discuss the same in this article.
What is Sun Salutation?
The Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar is a form of exercise which is done during the sunrise as its name defines it greeting to the sun. It has a total of 12 poses which are performed one after one. It relaxes your mind and strengthens your back and body. The perfect time to do Sun Salutation is during the sunrise, but as it is a form of exercise you can do this at any time but your stomach should be empty while performing the Asanas.
Also Read: Top 7 Low-Carb Foods That Tastes Incredible
What are the benefits of Sun Salutation?
Spending daily 10 minutes in the morning of your day for Sun Salutation will not only keep your mind healthy but also provide you with different benefits. Here are some of the Sun Salutation benefits which might encourage you for it:
Sun Salutation has 12 different poses, which bend your body and muscles. It increases the flexibility of the body. It also increases stability and makes your body flexible with its different postures.
After lockdown, many people have gained weight and want to lose it. Well, Sun Salutation is one of the best exercises for losing weight. You need only 10 minutes from your daily life and you can lose a lot of weight.
Good for Digestion
Sun Salutation stretches the right nerves and chakras or the body which helps in digestion and helps in producing the right amount of digestive juice.
Beneficiary for women
The exercise of Sun Salutation helps women in their menstrual cycle. As the workout helps in blood circulation and keeps the balance in the hormones.
Exercise is not only good for the body as well as good for your skin. As it helps in good digestion, sleep, blood flow; all these factors contribute to glowing skin.
Also Read: 4 Simple Face Yoga Exercises To Get Rid Of Face Fat
12 Poses of Sun Salutation
- Pranamasana: This pose helps to relax and calm body and intellect, the mantra used is “Om Mitraaya Namaha” which means to honor the power who is the companion of all.
- Hastauttanasana: This pose helps to stretches the chest and belly lift energy up through the body, the mantra for this pose is “Om Ravaye Namaha” which means honor to be to the one who shines brightly and is filled with radiance.
- Hasta Padastasana: The 3rd pose massages abdominal organs, increases the power of digestion and blood flow to the brain, relieves female disorders, and stretches the spine, the mantra for the pose is “Om Suryaaya Namaha” which means honor to be to the One who eliminates darkness and brings in light
- Ashwa Sanchalanasana: The 4th pose helps stretch the quadriceps, iliopsoas muscles, and spine, stimulates abdominal organs and increases the mental power, the mantra for the pose is “Om Bhaanave Namaha” which means honor to be to the One who is filled with brilliance and luster.
- Dandasana: The 5th pose improves posture, strengthens back muscles and spine, stretches shoulders and chest, the mantra used for this pose is “Om Khagaya Namaha”, the mantra means to honor the power that crosses the entire sky and is all-pervasive.
- Ashtanga Namaskara: The 6th pose helps to develop the chest and strengthens arms and legs, the mantra used for the pose is “Om Pooshne Namaha” which means honor to be to the One who provides nourishment and fulfills desires
- Bhujangasana: The 7th pose helps to relieve the tension in the back and spine, stimulates and expands the chest and abdominal organs, the mantra for the pose is “Om Hiranyagarbhaaya Namaha” which means honor the power with a golden-hued shine
- Parvatasana: The 8th pose helps strengthen the legs and arms, stretches calf and spine muscles, and relives the varicose veins, the mantra for the pose is “ Om Mareechaye Namaha” which means honor the power who shines with the light of innumerable rays
- Ashwa Sanchaklasana: The 9th helps stretches the quadriceps, iliopsoas muscles, and spine, stimulates abdominal organs, and increases the mental power, the mantra of the pose is “Om Adityaaya Namaha” which means honor to be to the One who is the son of the celestial mother, Aditi
- Hasta Padastasana: The 10th pose helps in massaging abdominal organs also increases the power of digestion and blood flow to the brain. It also relieves female disorders and stretches the spine. The mantra for the pose is “Om Savitre Namaha” which means honor to be to the One who gives life
- Hastautthanasana: The 11th pose helps to stretches the chest and belly lift energy up through the body, the mantra of the pose is “Om Aarkaaya Namaha” which means honor to be to the One who deserves of all treasure.
- Pranamasana: The 12th pose helps to relax and calm body and intellect, the mantra of the pose are “Om Bhaskaraaya Namaha” which means honor to be to the One who is wise and illuminates the heavenly world.
So, if you are looking for a light workout that will help you in relaxing your mind. Sun Salutation is the perfect solution for you.
Also Watch: Reduce Belly Fat Fast|No Equipments Used|बेली फैट कम करने के उपाय| WATCH NOW!