Apple has recently launched Watch Series 7 with an upgraded OS i.e WatchOS 8. The watch allows...
It is already creating a buzz in the news world, but what is 6G and when is this coming in the market? The 5G technology is just about here. You can buy a 5G-enabled smartphone and access the benefits of a 5G data connection.
There is a lot of buzz around what is 6G technology and the information is based on a few reports and studies. Let’s clear some doubts about the 6G network and the future scope of 6G technology.
What Is 6G?
Though 6G is not a functioning technology yet, it is something that will eventually replace 5G. The research on the 6G network is in the early research phase. Presently, mobile telecom companies are focused on 5G but research projects are in work due to funding from governments that want to gain an edge.
When Will 6G Come Out?
Ericsson’s chief technology officer (CTO) Eric Ekudden during the MWVC 2019 Shangai in July 2019 said that it is a little too early to talk about 6G. In December 2020, Verizon CTO Kyle Malady said, “I really don’t know what the hell 6G is.” So at the moment, it is all about 5G.
Since the research is only in a nascent stage, the question arises when will the 6G network launch? Ericsson's CTO Ekudden estimated that 6G will take about a decade to reach the masses. Similarly, Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei told CNBC in September 2019 that 6G was at least 10 years away. ABI Research report for 2021 predicted that early commercial deployment of 6G technology will take place in 2028 and 2029. More widespread rollouts will follow in the coming years.
Many countries that are racing to become international power are investing in 6G network research. China, USA, South Korea, Japan and the European Union are leading the charges of 6G research.
How Fast Will 6G Be?
As per the estimates, 6G will be 100 times faster than 5G. The final standards that will define 6G connection will be depending on International Telecommunication Union (ITU). After almost eight years of work, the ITU has laid down the standards of 5G that are referred to as IMT-2020. A similar process is expected to start soon for 6G.
What Will 6G Mean To You?
It will be like 5G and a lot more. Higher speed, lower latency and masses of bandwidth. Researchers and scientists are suggesting that the 6G mobile network might be wireless with devices acting as antennas. It means it might function using a decentralized network not under the control of a single network operator. Higher data speeds and lower latency will make instant device-to-device connections possible.
Lesser Known Facts About 6G
- The possible speed of 6G might go up to Up to 1 Tbps (1,000,000 Mbps)
- The supported devices will be automated cars, cellular surfaces, Wi-Fi implants
- Experts believe that artificial intelligence (AI) will be required to coordinate and smoothly run 6G network
- Backed with sophisticated networks, 6G will have instantaneous latency to coordinate complex systems like road traffic and stock markets
- Everything you use through a network connection now will be improved on a 6G network
- 6G will support powerful VR, AR, robotics, car-to-car communication and more with improved bandwidth
- 6G will be sixth sense experience for humans and machines
- 6G might provide virtually zero latency
- New products and services will be created to utilize 6G’s bandwidth