After Vicky-Katrina and Ranbir-Alia, now KL Rahul and Athiya Shetty are going to tie their...
Recently, Hollywood superstar Johnny Depp has won the defamation case between him and his ex-wife Amber Heard. According to the verdict, he was defamed by Heard through an article in The Washington Post. Now, Amber Heard has to pay 15 Million dollars as the compensatory amount. However, Johnny Depp also has to pay 2 Million dollars for some reasons.
5 Points About Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard Defamation Case
1. In 2018, Johnny Depp sued Amber Heard for the article published in The Washington Post, where she described herself as a victim of domestic violence. Depp sought 50 Million dollars for the damage to his fame. But Heard countersued him for 100 Million dollars over the statement made by Adam Walkman (Depp’s lawyer).
2. This high profile case made headlines all over the world. During the trials, Heard accused Depp of domestic and sexual violence. But Depp denied all these allegations and countered Heard with the same reason.
3. In the end, 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star Johnny Depp won the case. The jury found Amber Heard guilty of defamation and she has to 15 Million dollars for the damages. However, Depp will also 2 Million dollars for the statement of his lawyer against Heard.
4. After the Verdict, Depp said “the jury gave me my life back.” He added “from the very beginning, the goal of bringing this case was to reveal the truth, regardless of the outcome. The best is yet to come and a new chapter has finally begun.”
5. The disappointed Heard said that she is disappointed with the verdict and it's a setback for women. She also added that she’s heartbroken because her evidence is not strong enough to beat Depp’s power and influence. Here’s the post she shared on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram