In winter depression or seasonal affective disorder (SAD) your mood gets worse or you feel...
For people who are busy in their life and can not get enough time for themselves to do yoga and exercise daily, chair yoga poses are the best option for them.
This is a punch line for our body “ If you move, You remain fit”. But in today’s time, your time is jam-packed with official and personal work that you have to pay it later at the cost of your health.
Chair Yoga now comes as a rescuer for many people who are working in the office and have some kind of disability, so they can do yoga poses by sitting on a chair.
Benefits of Chair Yoga Pose –
Movement is necessary for our body, and people who are injured or have age-related disabilities can do sitting chair poses.
- Improved Flexibility
- Improved your body strength
- Reduce Stress and anxiety
- Provides you with mental peace
10 Best Chair Yoga Poses –
1. Breathing –
Sit straight on your chair, your spine should be erected.
Close your eyes and take a breath through your nostrils, expand your abdomen.
Exhale slowly and repeat this procedure 10 times
2. Chair Cat-Cow Stretch –
- Sit on the chair straight and put your both feet on the floor.
- Place your hands on your thighs
- Inhale slowly and arch your spine to look up at the ceiling, it is called the cow position
- Exhale slowly and pulled your abdomen in around your back then face your chin downward, it is called the cat pose
- Repeat this cat and cow position 5 times
3. Chair Sun Salutation Arms –
- Sit straight tall on your chair, breathe in and lift your arms up above your head, Press your palm together
- Exhale and put down your arm over your thighs
- Repeat this exercise five times, it’ll release your neck and shoulder tension
4. Chair Forward Bend – Uttanasana –
- Exhale and bend your waist downward toward your thighs.
- Let the hands rest on the floor
- Take inhalation, move your head upward and level your hand towards your thigh
5. Chair Extended Side Angle – Utthita Parsvakonasana –
- Sit straight on your chair
- Move your left fingertips to the floors on the side of your left foot and look up at the ceilings
- With inhale return back to your normal straight position
- And then repeat these steps on the right side of the arm
6. Chair High Altar Side Leans –
- For spine and shoulder stretch, lift your arms and interlace your fingers together in front of you
- Then stretch your hands over your head, turn your palm to the ceilings
- Then lean your neck and sides to the right for three breaths, then to the left for three
7. Chair-Assisted Neck Stretches –
This chair yoga pose is for office workers, in the office, our neck always bends downward toward the desktop and the result is neck pain.
You can easily apply this pose by sitting on your office chair.
- Take your right arm and drape it over your head, until your right arm reaches your left ear
- Bend your head toward your right shoulder
- Hold your head in this position for 5 breath
- Repeat this on the opposite side
8. Chair Warrior 2 Pose – Virabhadrasana II
- Move your neck toward the right side
- Stretch your hands at the level of your shoulders
- Bend your right knee to the side and stretch your left leg out
- Hold it in this position for five breaths, then repeat this on the opposite side
9. Chair Eagle Pose – Garudasana –
- First, cross your right thigh over your left thigh for this pose
- Bring your right arm under the left arm in front of your shoulder height
- Bend your arms at the elbows and twist them so your palm meet each other
- Hold this position for five breaths then release this position
- Repeat this exercise with the opposite arm on top
- This chair pose benefits you in your shoulders aches
10. Chair Relaxation – Savasana –
- Sit relaxed and closes your eyes, put your hand on your lap
- Exhale and inhale
At work or while injured you can do these chair poses at your own comfort. You’ll remain fit while sitting for long hours in your chair.
It gives benefits not only to your body but your mind, which becomes a stress bag in your daily busy schedule.
Try these sitting chair poses and see the change within yourself