Heartburn is the most common health issue however it's not something to ignore because it...
Colorectal Cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world. It is mainly spreading in developed countries. This cancer is the second most common disease diagnosed in females and the third common disease diagnosed in males. There are 1.4 million new cases diagnosed every new year worldwide. In India, this cancer is mainly diagnosed at a younger age.
Here is all the information related to Colorectal Cancer Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, & Treatment
What is Colorectal Cancer?
When the cells in the colon or the rectum start to grow abnormally, it converts into Colorectal cancer. It is the part of the body that connects the 5 feet large intestine to the anus. It is the end part of the large intestine there is a part named Colon, the group of the cell starts to grow and create a lump in the colon turns into cancer.
Why Colorectal Cancer?
There is no specific scientific reason found in the research behind the cause of Colorectal Cancer. But there is a certain reason which increases the risk like unhealthy diet, consumption of alcohol, too much tobacco and those people who have cancer history or share cancer history with their family.
What are the Symptoms of Colorectal Cancer?
The body use to show some symptoms when something is getting changed or hurting. These are some of the symptoms body may show. However, there might be a chance that the body doesn’t show any symptoms at all.
- Sudden weight loss
- Gas pain
- Blood in Feces
- Digestion issues
- Discomfort in the stomach or intestine
- A feeling of not emptying the stomach
- Change in colon habits
How to Diagnosis Colorectal Cancer?
The process of knowing whether it is Colorectal cancer or not is diagnosis. As soon as the disease gets diagnosed the doctor can start the treatment. The doctor conduct tests to know how much and where the problem is in the body. Here is some of the test that the doctor might recommend:
- Screening: The screening is also known as a colonoscopy, which allows the doctor or colonoscopist to look inside the colon or rectum and remove the tumor while the patient is sedated.
- Blood test: A blood test is the most common way to diagnose the disease. Colorectal cancer bleeds in the intestine and the rectum, so it can find the disease through a blood test. However, it is not as trustworthy as screening.
- CT Scan: A Computed tomography known as CT Scan, use computer technology as X-Ray to diagnose the disease. This technology allows you to take pictures from inside from different angles. It is generally used to know the size of the tumor.
- MRI: The full form of MRI is Magnetic Resonance Imaging, it is used to know the size of the lump. It is used to capture the inside image of the body. The patient gets injected or given some pills through which the image can be captured clearly.
- Ultrasound: An ultrasound is used to capture an image through sound waves to create a picture of the inner body. But, this test is not as reliable as the other options.
What are the treatments?
The treatment is completely dependent on the various factors of the patient health, and age. Based on the various factor the doctor recommends the type of treatment. Some of the treatments are:
- Surgery: When the tumor is removed from the body through surgery or operation. It is one of the most common processes to treat the disease. However, there are different types of surgery to treat colorectal cancer.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy, in which the doctors use high energy to destroy the lump. There might be some of the side effects of the therapy.
- Chemotherapy: It is one of the most common and well-known ways of treating cancer. In this, the doctors use heavy drugs and meditation to destroy the cells of cancer. It is used to prevent the body from making more cells and dividing the cells.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is well known as biological therapy, where the immunity of the body and the body’s natural defenses is boosted to cure cancer.
- Targeted therapy: Targeted therapy is used to treat the specific tissue or gene which is contributing to cancer. It will cure the root of the disease, and also control the damaged cell from growth.
This is all the necessary information related to Colorectal Cancer. However, proper diet and medicines will help one to recover from the disease as soon as possible.