भारत सहित दुनिया के कुछ देशों में ऐसे कटलरी प्रोडक्ट बनाए जा रहे हैं, जिन्हें उपयोग करने के...
The government of India launched, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), for backward people and to promote banking services that help the people in financial services. The main purpose of the scheme is to ensure that every individual or family at least has one bank account.
In 2014, the Modi government has launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), for Indian citizens above 10 years old, to expand the finance services. The scheme was announced by the Department of Financial Services Ministry of Finance Government of India.
How To Open Jan Dhan Account?
The process of opening a PMJDY Account is completely online. Here are the steps to follow to open an account:
- You can go to the official website of PMJDY https://pmjdy.gov.in/ where you see the option e- Document
- Select your preferred language and a form will appear on the screen for an account.
- Either download or fill out the form according to your choice
- Attach all the documents required for an account opening
- Submit the form and attach a document to the bank and branch of your choice
Now, your registration process is completed and the account is opened. Just in case you need any help you can contact the PM Jan Dhan Yojana toll-free helpline number: 1800-11-0001 / 1800-180-1111.
Documents Required For Opening PMJDY Account
You will need some documents to open your account, here is the list of the required documents:
- If the applicant has an Aadhar card, then he/she doesn't require any other document.
- In case the address is not updated in the Aadhar card then the applicant must have self-certification with the current address proof.
- If an Aadhar card is not available then one of these documents is required:
- Voter ID
- PAN card
- Driving license
Benefits Of PMJDY Account
The primary purpose of the PMJDY Account was to promote bank services and every person or family must have a bank account. On the launching day, it made a Guinness world of record. Here are the benefits of opening an account under this scheme:
- The amount deposited to the bank account will be rewarded with interest.
- There is no minimum amount that has to maintain in the account.
- A loan can be provided after 6 months of openinghttps://www.agnitotoday.com/lifestyle/lost-your-aadhaar-card-follow-the-simple-steps-to-retrieve-it
- 1 lakh Accidental Insurance Coverage, under RuPay Scheme
- IF the account is open between 20 August 2014 and 31st January 2015, it covers Rs. 30000in case of death.
- Pension services available
Also Read: Lost your Aadhaar Card? Follow the simple steps to retrieve it
Eligibility To Open Account
The eligibility to open a PMJDY account are:
- Must be a citizen of India
- Should be 10 years or above
- Doesn't have a bank account
- Should have valid ID proof
- Should have valid address proof
Here are all the details required for the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), you can open an account in government as well as in private banks also.