Selfish or self-absorbed friend or family member can make your life miserable. Here are 10...
The Aadhaar card is an essential document for every Indian citizen. It acts as the most important ID proof for every and also helps them to obtain several services. From purchasing a new sim, opening a bank account, or even while applying for a job you may be asked to provide your Aadhaar card to prove your identity.
It may become difficult for you to avail of certain services if you misplace your Aadhaar card. Almost every public service or other benefit offered by the government requires an Aadhaar card and not having it can be frustrating for you. In such a case, you must follow some simple steps to retrieve your Adhaar card.
A Digitial service is introduced by Unique Identification of India for all the Aadhaar cardholders, in case they have lost it and want to retrieve it online. Make sure, you have linked your phone number with your Aadhaar and your number must be registered with UIDAI or else it won’t work and you must visit the nearby Permanent Aadhaar Enrollment centre
Also Read: How To Get Vaccination Certificate?
Follow the below Steps to Retrieve Your Aadhaar Card
- Visit the official UIDAI website via https://resident.uidai.gov.in/
- Scroll down and move to “Aadhaar Service”
- In the “Adhaar Services” section, select the “Recover Lost or Forgotten EID/UID” tab
- Under the tab, select “Aadhaar No(UID)”
- Enter your personal details as mentioned in the section including your name, mobile number, and email id.
- You will be required to verify the captcha and after that click on the “Send OTP” button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS.
Follow the below steps to get a duplicate copy of your Aadhaar Card
After following the above step, you will receive your Aadhaar number on your phone via SMS or email.
- Take a printout of the duplicate copy you have received.
- Visit the UIDAI portal and download your Aadhaar card from the “Get Aadhaar” section.
- You will be required to enter the Aadhaar number you have received.
- An OTP will be sent to your phone number, enter the same as required.
- Move to the next page and select “Terms & conditions” from the given checkbox.
- Choose the registered mobile number from the options, then enter your Aadhaar number and verify the captcha code.
- You will be required to pay a certain amount to download your Aadhaar Card.
- The Aadhaar card will be delivered to your home address after completing the transaction.