A proud mom, certified nutritionist, and transformation specialist is how the world knows...
Are you the one who snores too much in the night and your partner gets uncomfortable by this? Don’t worry your snoring problem gets resolved by applying these asana recommended by Malaika Arora fitness trainer Sarvesh Shashi.
Sarvesh Shashi fitness trainer of Malaika Arora and also a founder of the yoga and wellness brand Sarva yoga studios.
In his insta video, he introduces 3 simple asanas to stop your snoring habit.
What is Snoring?
Snoring problems occur due to the obstruction in airflow in the throat which results in breath breaking.
Sometimes it is associated with obstructive sleep apnoea when the muscle in the back of the throat relax too much which result in breathing problem.
Three Asanas Recommended by Sarvesh Shashi to Beat Snoring Issues –
Sarvesh in his insta reel addresses the issue of snoring and introduces 3 simple asanas to avoid snoring.
View this post on Instagram
1. Dhanur Asana –
- Lie on your stomach keeping your feet apart
- Put your arm at the side of your body
- Fold your knees slowly and take your hands backward and grab your ankles
- Take a deep breath in and lift your chest off the ground while pulling your legs toward the back
- Keep your gaze ahead
- Hold the pose for 15-20 seconds
- To release the pose, exhale deeply and bring your legs and chest to the ground
Benefits – Open your chest region and facilitate better breathing, Improve spinal flexibility, improves the strength of your ankles, thighs chest, and neck
For detailed info let’s see the below video -:
2. Bhujangasana –
- Lie down on your stomach with your toes flat on the floor, soles facing upwards, and rest your forehead on the ground
- Keep your legs close together, with your feet and heels lightly touching each other
- Place both hands in such a way that palms are touching the ground under your shoulders, the elbow should be parallel and close to your torso
- Taking a deep breath in, slowly lift your head, chest, and abdomen. Keep your navel on the floor
- Pull your torso back and off the floor with the support of your hands. Make sure that you are putting equal pressure on both the palms
- Keep breathing as you curve your spine. If possible straighten your arms by arching your back as much as possible, tilt your head back, and look up
- Maintain the pose while breathing evenly for 4-5 breaths
- Now, breathe out and gently bring your abdomen, chest, and head back to the floor and relax
- Repeat 4-5 times
Benefits – Soothes sciatica pain, enhances flexibility, rejuvenates your heart, decreases the stiffness of your lower back, strengthens your arms and shoulders
For detailed information let’s check the video below -:
3. Bhramari Pranayama (Humming Bee Breathing) –
- Sit comfortably and straight your back
- Close your eyes and bring your thumbs to your ears and gently close them and put the other fingers rest on your crown
- Breathe in slowly through your nostrils and exhale slowly through low pitched hmmm sound a bee makes at the back of your throat cartilage
Benefits – It is beneficial for better sleep, a cure for stress, prevents heart blockage, soothes nerves, and lowers blood pressure.
For detailed information let's check the video below -:
These are the asanas for you to prevent snoring habits and help you and your partner sleep better and comfortably.