These causes of rapid weight gain are serious and overlooking them can cost you more than...
Being a woman is not an easy task to do, as women face many health and mental issues in their day-to-day life and Menopause is one of them. Around every year 25 million women face this difficult period in their life. Menopause not only affects women’s health but also exhausts them mentally. Here you will read all about menopause: what are menopause, different stages, and treatment.
What is Menopause?
Menopause is the condition in which the menstrual cycle of women stops for continuous 12 months. Menopause generally starts from the age of 40s to 50s, this is the time that comes to every woman’s life in which their body stops producing estrogen and progesterone in their ovaries and the woman cannot conceive naturally. They face many difficulties during this time; hormonal changes exhausted them emotionally and physically.
There are three stages: perimenopause, menopause, and postmenopause
Perimenopause: The menstrual cycle doesn’t stop directly; it becomes irregular before it stops completely. The bleeding might become lighter or heavier or the cycle might not get for 2-3 months.
Menopause: Menopause is the time when the menstrual cycle stops completely for constant 12 months.
Postmenopause: It is considered all the years after menopause.
What are the Symptoms of Menopause?
The symptoms of menopause may vary from woman to woman; they can be serious as cancer and can be temporary mood swings. Here are the lists of symptoms:
- Irregular periods
- Dryness in vaginal
- Hot flashes
- Mood swings
- Gain in weight
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- Sagging breasts
- Sweat at night
- Change in Sex drive
- Want to pee more often
- Pain in joints and muscles
What Cause Menopause?
Menopause can our naturally but there are other factors too. Here are some of the causes which lead to menopause:
- Naturally: From the age of 30s-40s the body starts showing the signs of menopause like irregular periods, heavy or light bleeding and by the 50s the ovaries stop producing ovules which results in no periods.
- Surgery: Many people chose surgery after planning family. In surgery, the doctor removes the ovaries which stop the periods immediately.
- Cancer: The cancer treatment includes much heavy medication and radiation which affects the menstrual cycle and sometimes leads to stopping them.
- Biological reason: Around 1% of women don’t have enough ovaries in their bodies. Hence, their menstrual cycle stops at the early age of 40s.
Treatment of Menopause
Many women neglect these symptoms but ignoring them is not a solution. It can easily get treated from some home remedies:
- Be comfortable: It is very important to wear comfortable, especially at night. As your body release sweat tries to wear loose clothes and stay in a cool place which helps in hot flashes.
- Exercise: Exercising daily will improve night sleeps, mood and increase the energy of the body. It also helps in maintaining weight which promotes well-being.
- Supplement diet: At this age, the body needs more vitamins and minerals as compared to the adult. It is very important to take a proper diet with extra supplements.
- Communication: At this age, you might have to deal with anxiety or depression. So, it is very important to communicate with your loved ones or go for professional help if needed.
- Sleeping issues: Deal with sleeping issues, with meditation or yoga which relax your body and help in sleeping. If possible take naps in between which relax your mind and body.