Republic Day 2021 is not going to be the same like any other years. After the pandemic struck us, many things changed. The Republic Day Parade will also not look like the usual one.
During covid-19, let’s see what curtailments were made to keep the safety and current situations in mind.
- Many people come to witness the incredible Republic Day Parade. Last year 150,000 spectators came to but this year due to social distancing the count has been reduced to 25000. The media persons have turned out to 200 instead of 300.
- Unlike every year this year’s parade will end at National Stadium instead of Red Fort.
- Veteran marching or tableaux will not be present this year. Children below 15 years of age will not be allowed to take part in the parade.
- This will be the first Republic Day in the last five decades where no Chief Guest will be there.
- The newly inducted Rafale fighter aircraft will feature in the Republic Day 2021 Parade.
- Divyangi Tripathi who topped the class 12th CBSE exams with 99.6 percent has been invited to witness the Parade of Republic Day this year.
Sharing her excitement, she said:
"I am very excited about this. It's a very good initiative launched by the Government. Students from all sections of society are selected without any discrimination,"
Uttar Pradesh's tableau will feature the replica of Ram Mandir Ayodhya which is currently under construction. This feature will tell us the culture and traditions related to the temple and the town.