New Year's Eve is uniquely celebrated in all parts of India. Some prefer to welcome New Year with loud music, dance, eating spicy foods, drinks while others prefer to explore different places. Since beaches are one of the best places to celebrate New Year with family and friends, it’s highly recommended advice for 2022. Here are the top 5 best beaches in India to visit for the New Year celebration. The warm beach waves, Azure skies, and towering palm trees will make your 2022 a pleasant start.
Beaches To Celebrate New Year In India
1. Palolem Beach, GOA
Palolem beach lies in the South of Goa. It’s a dense grove of coconut trees that gives an overview of crescent-shaped seashore. It is one of the ideal beaches in India to visit for the New Year celebration. The pristine water of Palolem beach welcomes swimmers, fishers, and boaters. You can spot dolphins at Palolem and enjoy doing fun activities.
How to visit: The easiest way is to take the train to Margao and fly off to Goa Dabolim Airport and take a taxi to Palolem beach.
Things to do:
- Laze on the Palolem beach & swim in the Arabian Sea
- Attend a drop-in yoga class in the morning or evening
- Eat traditional Indian sensational seafood at Palolem restaurants
- Visit cotigao wildlife sanctuary and watch exotic towering trees and plants
Entry Fee: the cost of the Dolphin trip comes out to be INR 450/adult. It will include a boat ride, a life jacket, and sightseeing the dolphins.
Also Read: Celebrating Christmas In The US? Here’s A List Of U.S. Cities To Celebrate Christmas 2022
2. Malpe Beach, Udupi
Malpe Beach is a highly notable beach when comes to the best beaches to celebrate New Year in India. After the 90’s it gained huge popularity and became a reputed tourist spot. It is sometimes known as St Mary’s Island due to huge basalt rocks lying on the Arabian Sea range. Coconut trees add extra puffiness to the destination.
Places to visit near the beach:
- Visit St Mary’s Island to see exclusive rock formations, tall swaying palms, and azure blue water
- Visit Malpe port for fishing shrimps, crabs and connect with the seafood world
- Visit the museum of Anatomy & Pathology to acknowledge excellent collection and presentations
3. Kovalam Beach, Kerala
It is crescent-shaped seashore that comes out to be a union of three beaches. You can see a 30m lighthouse resting over the Kurumkal Hills. It is one of the most beautiful beaches in India to spend the New Year that lets you enjoy a leisure stroll. Sit along the side of the beach with silver sand and allow the gentle waves to hit your feet.
How to visit: Trivandrum Central Railway Station is the nearest railhead that can take you to Kovalam
Things to do:
- Go for a houseboat ride over the floating tranquilizing backwater to see the picturesque lake
- Channelize your adrenaline junkie by engaging in adventurous sports like surfing, swimming, etc
- Start your day at German Bakery with a hearty meal or Ayurvedic meal
- Shop at the local markets and buy decorative ornaments
4. Radhanagar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman’s
Radhanagar beach boasts boundless natural charm as well as the serenity of nature. Being the best seashore in India, it is considered perfect for vacation. The wholesome sand lures tens and crystal clear water makes it Asia’s best beach by Time Magazine. You can experience the radiance of the sun and relish the beautiful twilight views during New Year Eve.
Places to visit in Andaman
- Cellular Jail National Memorial pays homage to national heroes and it’s a must place to explore
- Trekkers can climb mount Harriet and Madhuban to witness the exotic fauna and flora
- Visit the nearby North Bay Beach to walk under the sea and experience underwater life
- Visit Chidiya Tapu, a haven of species of birds like sea eagles, parakeets, and emerald doves
Things to do in Andaman
- Scuba diving
- Island hopping
- Go trekking
5. Morjim Beach, Goa
Morjim beach is the most visited beach. The beach prevails green surroundings and rejuvenating sight. It is by far the best beach In India to celebrate New Year in 2022. It is identified for the nesting habitat of turtles. This wide-open beach has no shortage of shacks and retreats at the seaside.
Things to Do
- North Goa Sightseeing is perfect for full-day trip and excursions
- Play water sports like flyboarding in Morjim
- Attending Yin Yoga therapy teacher training in Goa
These are the 5 best beaches to visit in India for the New Year celebration.