If you are having stomach pain, diarrhea, fever, and weight loss, and if you are ignoring...
As there is growth in technology, people started to use harmful chemicals on crops to increase production. Not only these chemicals are harmful to the human body but also not good for the soil and crops. Now 2% of farmers use organic farming over the other methods because of this reason. The crops produced through this method are full of natural nutrients and tastes better than the contaminated food produced otherwise.
In this article we will discuss what is organic farming and its benefits:
What Is Organic Farming?
In India, organic farming is popularly used since ancient times. The process of growing crops with natural substances is known as organic farming. In other words, organic farming is the farming method used to grow and nurture crops without using any chemical-based fertilizers or pesticides.
In 1972, an International Organization was established to promote organic farming and according to the organization, the method is defined as:
“Organic agriculture is a production system that sustains the health of soils, ecosystems, and people. It relies on ecological processes, biodiversity, and cycles adapted to local conditions, rather than the use of inputs with adverse effects. Organic agriculture combines tradition, innovation, and science to benefit the shared environment and promote fair relationships and good quality of life for all involved…”
What Are The Principles Of Organic Farming?
Organic farming keeps the ecological balance and reduces wastage. However, the method includes 4 principles. They are Principles of Health, Fairness, Ecological Balance, and care. Let’s discuss them briefly:
- Principle of Health: Organic farming must be healthy, provide required natural nutrition and minerals to the human body as well as beneficial for the soil and crops, and don’t create pollution.
- Principle of Fairness: The method must be beneficial for everyone and not only to human beings. It should use natural resources and the planet should get divided into all the living beings.
- Principle of Ecological Balance: The farming method should maintain balance in the environment.
- Principle of Care: The organic method is not only to protect the present but also be used to save the future environment and should be practiced responsibly.
What Are The Benefits of Organic Farming?
Food is one of the basic needs of the human body. And it is very important to provide the required nutrients and minerals to the body. But eating chemically added food can cause some serious illness to the body. Organic farming reduces the risk and provides important vitamins to the body. Here are some of the benefits of organic farming:
- Proper Nutrition: This method increases the natural nutrition and minerals of the food. If you compare organic farming to other methods, they provide way more nutrition to the body.
- Avoid Contaminating Food: The other method through which the crop is cultivated contains harmful chemicals in it. Hence they are contaminated which is not good for health.
- Prevent Soil: The food cultivated from the organic way is not only good for humans, but it also prevents the soil and increases its fertilization power.
- Good for animals: The waste from the other methods of farming is dangerous for the animals also as the waste material after the cultivation is given to animals.
- Taste: The tastes of these crops are also good as compared to the chemical-based crop. So, in organic farming, you get to taste with nutrition.