10 Ways to manage stress in women: Daily Exercise, Meditation, Music Therapy, Read Self Help...
In these pandemics, it is very important to take care of our health. And there is no secret that Vitamin C is the best vitamin to take in if you want to stay healthy. Many vegetables and fruits are filled with this magical vitamin.
It increases your immunity and helps you fight diseases. Thus, it is very important to add Vitamin C to your diet as the human body doesn’t store it. The vitamin dissolves in the body’s water and exit through urine.
Benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C plays an important role in a healthy body. Here are some of the benefits of Vitamin C:
- Boost immunity: Vitamin C does not just increase the white blood cell in the body but also helps them to function more effectively. It helps in the skin’s defense system.
- Heart disease: This vitamin helps in controlling blood pressure levels, bad cholesterol, which affects the health of your heart. It prevents your heart from getting sick. Also, reduce the chances of a heart attack.
- Improve memory: This vitamin not only prevents your health from weak immunity but is also beneficial for your memory. As it is an antioxidant, it improves your memory and thinking power.
- Antioxidant booster: It helps in boosting the antioxidant of the body which reduces the risk of chronic diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, etc.
- Reduce uric acid levels: Vitamin C is rich food for reducing uric acid which leads to heart diseases, joint pain, and damage.
Deficiency of Vitamin C
The body doesn’t produce vitamin c of its own. So it is important to eat the necessary foods which are highest in vitamin c. The deficiency of vitamin c will lead to some serious health issues like:
- Rough skin: The lack of vitamin c will make your skin rough and group little pimples and bumpiness to your skin. It also makes skin dry and damaged.
- Bruising: The deficiency of Vitamin C can take your healing power. Your skin easily gets wounded and takes time to heal. Skin easily gets burses mark and takes time to heal. It is one of the most common signs of deficiency of Vitamin C.
- Dental issues: The lack of vitamins can cause dental issues like bleeding gum, tooth loss, pain in gum, etc. It makes the gum purple and dark in color and teeth can fall due to bad gum health.
- Tiredness and bad mood: A lack of vitamins can make you feel tired and keep you in bad mood. This might be the first sign that your body needs vitamin c and can be treated easily.
- Weight gain: Vitamin C helps to reduce fat from the cells and stress from the hormones. Lack of this vitamin can make the body gain abnormal weight and increase body fat.
Foods Highest Vitamin C
Average adults aged from 19 years to 64 years need to take 40 milligrams of vitamin c in a day. Eating the right food and diet can save you from the deficiency of vitamins. Here are the foods which are having highest vitamin c in them:
This very common fruit to get which contains 50g to 100g. The fruit helps to boost the immunity system and reduce the risk of certain cancers. It is always best to eat rather than drinking its juice. The fruit can be a great cure against cold and flu.
Guava has approximately 228mg of vitamin c in it. It has 4 times more vitamin c than an orange. The fruit also contains vitamin A, mineral potassium, copper, etc. It also helps in maintaining cholesterol, sodium, and bad fats for the body.
This colorful vegetable is available in different colors but as its colors are attractive so as its benefits. Especially, red capsicums are rich in vitamin c. They are sweeter and have double vitamin c i.e. 140g than the green capsicum i.e. 80g.
The cauliflower has 46mg vitamin c in it. The vegetable provides vitamins and proteins when it is eaten after boiling. Its other family members like Broccoli (89mg) and Brussel sprouts (60mg) also have vitamin c in them.
This small fruit is filled with vitamins and proteins. Kiwi fruit has 70mg vitamin c in it and has potassium, antioxidants, and omega-3. If you want to get its full benefits then should eat right after peeling it off. Keeping it after removing its skin and decreasing its vitamins and proteins.